5 Things To Know About RAM Secret Garden Tour
The Secret Garden Tour is an annual, much loved community event hosted by the Richmond Art Museum! Here are 5 important things you should know about the tour.
- The Garden Tour Is Self Guided
- When you purchase your Secret Garden Tour Ticket, it will have the addresses of the gardens on the tour printed on the ticket itself. You will also be given a map with the garden destinations highlighted. You may travel at your own pace, enjoying the excellent landscaping and flower beds along the trail. Though many do the trail in one day, and it is quite easy to do so, you can even take two days to take the tour.
- The Secret Garden Tour Sometime Features Homes
- RAM's Special Events committee selects some of the finest gardens and lawns for community members to visit and enjoy during the garden tour, as you would expect. But occasionally, there is a generous resident who will open not only their garden to the public, but their home as well! This year, on the 2014 tour, you will get to view all three floors of the Oliver Gaar Mansion on Main St.
- There Is An Amazing Boutique of Decorative Ironwork To Accent Your Garden
- Located at the Rose Garden, Glen Miller Park, in front of the Charles house, RAM sets up a dazzling display of unique ironwork that will give any flower bed or garden something interesting and fun! With great prices and a wide variety of planters, spinners, bells, topiaries, stakes and more, you don't want to miss it!
- The Secret Garden Tour Is A Fundraiser For Richmond Art Museum
- All of the funds generated from ticket sales and boutique purchases are used by Richmond Art Museum to continue offering excellent arts programming for the community. RAM has been free to the public since 1898 and offers many types of programs; festivals like Potterypalooza, year round Art Classes and Workshops, exhibits and more, RAM is and will continue to be More Than An Art Museum!
- You May Now Purchase Tickets Online!
- In addition to purchasing tickets at RAM or at First Bank Richmond branches, you may purchase tickets online via the new RAM website! We are excited to offer this option to the public! You will still have to come to RAM to pick up your tickets, but you can pay for them securely through our website with just a few clicks! http://richmondartmuseum.org/product/secret-garden-tour-tickets/